The 12 Differences That Make goodsugar™ Better Than the Rest
by Marcus Antebi
Article at a Glance:
The 12 major differences between the goodsugar brand and all other health and wellness food and juice brands are:
1. We are conscious of management this time around. And we do not abuse our workers. We talk to them as though they are equals, and we are grateful. Workers are not our servants. Happy workers make happy food. Happy workers transmit happiness to our guests.
2. We are 100% plant-based. We will never deviate: not with fish, not with eggs, not with dairy.
3. We are eliminating single use plastic in exchange for beautiful sustainable glass. This was a big surgery. Plastic surgery in fact. (We swapped plastic for glass.) We can do this because we have a loyalty program that allows us to take returns back and make It fair and affordable for guests to redeem the value of the glass they paid for. This new system of serving in glass makes the product look more pristine and valued as well as it is a timely and important response to social pressures.
4. We make juice fresh and we mix on demand formulas and juice shots . The juice shot business allows consumers to participate in our health movement at a lower price point than in other formats, such as 12 ounces for $8. We created a shot bar, to give people the benefit of more affordable juice. The juices are displayed in plain view of the guest. This gives the juice business life again.
5. We wash produce right in front of you in the most amazing produce washing machine. We create action and an experience this way.
6. We will remain 100% organic.
7. We label our products in a way that is transparent to our customers. We will label our products properly, and never intentionally confuse the customer or create deceptive practices designed to weave the customer into a spiderweb and trap them.
8. We got rid of retail refrigeration for ice chests. It was sad and lonely. You simply can’t sell fresh food out of a giant commercial closed door or open door refrigerator. Instead, we put pre-made food and juices on ice. It looks like diamonds. The fridges were sad and always looked poorly stocked, messy, and the product looked stagnant. This is relieved by the ice chest method of display.
9. We are committed to NOT using processed food ingredients. This includes not pasteurizing our juices and smoothies.
We do not pasteurize our juices to prolong shelf life. Pasteurized juices taste awful and are less nutritious.
No bullshit. No lying about ingredients, no false advertising. We don’t sneak in a bad ingredient or two while you’re not paying attention, because who the f**k wants to eat chemicals and nonsense? No one has time for that s**t! Who wants to be lied to with deceptive labeling? No one! We are not a vegan place that classifies itself as "plant based," but then offers eggs, dairy and fish. Eggs are not plants, neither is milk, and fish is definitely not a shrub, tree, flower, and/or a root, vine, herb, fruit or vegetable. FISH IS FLESH!
10. We have a cooked food component with really incredible, truly healthy, filling burritos, hot soups and curries, and other vegan dishes.
11. We have a delicious, all plant-based healthy bakery in house. People will want to buy a healthy cupcake or healthy cookie from the best juice bar.
12. In the past, cold pressed juice spots were too expensive to be inclusive to all people. I created the juice shot business here in New York to make juice accessible to people at $5.00 for 2.5 ounces. People can feel as though they are being healthy and that they are part of the juice movement without breaking the piggy bank.